Search This Blog

26 May 2011

A Kiss on the Lips


Sweet nicotine I’ll miss you once you are gone,
Like a lover, a friend, a favourite son,
The black sheep of the family, my sweet cigarette,
Can I live without you will I learn to forget,
The caress that you give when I’m feeling down,
A kiss on my lips, one second of calm.

I remember our first embrace in my youth,
That second I realised an unmistakable truth,
No matter what they said I knew they were wrong,
Whatever would happen we’d get along,
Be friends, confidants, my cigarette and I,
A kiss on my lips and now a tear in my eye.

I must say goodbye to a favourite friend,
A romance I believed would never end,
Like a mistress who poisons me day after night,
I need to let go but I don’t want to give up the fight,
I want to take you and hold you bring you to my lips,
Like a kiss from a lover you’ll always be missed.

And if we should meet in a pub or a club,
Excuse me for ignoring you, my darling, my love,
One kiss from your lips there’d be no going back,
We’d be dancing and talking and starting to laugh,
About all of those times I held you, we kissed,
A kiss on my lips I still remember that kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment