Search This Blog

4 August 2011

Cheese & Oatcakes


Taking our time,
Walking on down,
Going to the match my dad and me,
Sitting in the stands,
Looking on down,
Wondering why we support Stoke City.

Climbing the hills,
Walking to Nan’s,
Laughing about what we’ve just seen,
They’re a long time ago,
Those memories,
But they’ll always be a part of me.

Travelling around,
I’ve met some girls,
Seen some things I find hard to believe,
But in my heart,
There’s only one place,
I could ever envisage wanting to be.

My first romance,
A fumbled embrace,
Promising it’ll be better next time,
My first taste of Bass,
Nectar in a glass,
A friend who’ll always be mine,

Hearing the Dogs,
For the first time,
Those bands playing at the Wheatsheaf,
A long time ago,
But still I remember,
With a smile I recall those memories.

What’s past is gone,
Never to return,
All those night and all of my mistakes,
But still we sit,
My dad and me,
Reminiscing over cheese and oatcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment